Here is my list of the ten best films of 2018 --
Please note that all of these films have been reviewed on this website. In order to read more about them, find them arranged alphabetically by title in the index on the left side of the screen.
- Shelter by Eran Riklis -- a thriller about the intense relationship that develops between a Palestinian woman informer and her Mossad female protector.
- Laces (Shoelaces) by Yankul Goldwasser -- the relationship between a father and his special needs son.
- Working Woman by Michal Aviad -- sexual harassment in the workplace.
Feature Films that take place within the context of Haredi Society
- The Other Story by Avi Nesher -- a young woman who has recently become haredi and her relationship with her parents.
- The Unorthodox by Eliran Malka -- the establishment and rise of the Shas political party.
- Geula (Redemption) by Joseph Madmony and Boaz Yehonatan Yacov -- a man forms a band to play at haredi weddings in order to pay for his daughter’s chemotherapy.
- Driver by Yehonatan Indursky -- a man who makes a living driving needy people around town to the homes of wealthy people to ask for money.
- The Oslo Diaries by Mor Loushy and Daniel Sivan -- the historic Israeli-Palestinian peace process in the early 1990s.
- Wall by Moran Ifergan offers both the filmmaker’s personal story and a look at multiple issues of contemporary Israel.
- One Last Bedtime Story by Anat Zeltser and Modi Bar-on -- a TV documentary series about Hebrew children’s literature.